The microwave is an amazing kitchen appliance. It can heat up leftovers quickly, help make delicious snacks like popcorn, and so much more. The microwave doesn’t usually get dirty after one use (unless you’re reheating lasagna uncovered, of course), but food splatters and other residues can build up over time. Not to mention, if you wait too long nasty bacteria can grow in there too. This is why cleaning your microwave regularly is of the utmost importance! That said, if you have stuck-on food grime, cleaning the microwave with a little elbow grease isn’t always easy! That’s where this hack comes in. Even if your microwave is filthy this hack is not only going to help clean your microwave easily but quickly too! The best part? There’s barely any scrubbing required!
Check out the easiest way to clean a microwave:
- For this hack, you are going to need white vinegar, water, a glass bowl or glass measuring cup, a wooden skewer or a wooden spoon, and a cloth.
- First, combine equal parts white vinegar and water into a glass bowl (or glass measuring cup). If your microwave is really dirty we highly recommend 1 cup of each.
- Next, insert a wooden spoon or skewer into the bowl. This step ensures that the vinegar and water mixture won’t overheat and accidentally explode.
- Now you’ll want to place the bowl in the microwave and set it for 5-10 minutes. The time will vary depending on the power of your microwave. If you know your microwave is very powerful start with five minutes and vise versa.
- Once the time is up, put on a pair of oven mitts and carefully remove the bowl.
- Finally, wipe the inside of the microwave using a cloth or sponge. Any stuck-on food will now be soft and will wipe away effortlessly.
And there you have it, folks. That’s it, that’s all! So easy and you’ll never want to clean your microwave any other way again!
Ah, the dishwasher, a gift sent from heaven, amirite? Dishwashers have been saving us time and effort for many years but did you...
Dunkin' is renowned for its coffee, tea, and delicious donuts but now the chain is entering a new drink category by offering new...
Fairlife is renowned for its wide range of better-for-you products like their ultra-filtered milk which features 50 percent more...
There's nothing quite as beautiful as watching a sunset. It's basically free entertainment provided by nature.
IKEA is renowned for its modern, affordable furniture but they also offer delicious food.
Disney has been sharing some of their most coveted recipes over the last few months.
With many people spending more time at home, food brands have been sharing their coveted so you can make them at home.
We're obsessed with the Starbucks secret menu because it opens up a whole new menu of delicious drinks to choose from!
National Hot Dog Day is almost here so get your stretchy pants on and get ready to indulge all day long!
Ice cream is one of the best treats to enjoy in the summer. It's sweet, refreshing and there is virtually a flavor for everyone!
With many of us spending more time at home, restaurants are thinking up innovative ways to get your favorite foods to you!
There is nothing quite like homemade pumpkin pie, no matter the holiday.