Award show season is in full swing and the shows are proving to be greener than ever this year. The next award show to go plant-based this year is the Oscars Governors Ball, which takes place after the Oscar’s telecast.

The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences made the announcement on Monday that they are determined to make the Oscars more environemtnall-friendly. A 100% plant-based menu was served during the Oscar Nominees Luncheon and there are plans to do the same at the Dolby Theatre Lobbies before the Oscar’s on February 9, 2020.

The dinner will be catered by Wolfgang Puck for the 26th year in a row and the menu will feature 70% plant-based options with the other 30% featuring meat and vegetarians options as well as fish items. In addition to the plant-based options, the AMPAS is eliminating all plastic bottles from the event.

“The Academy is an organization of storytellers from around the world, and we owe our global membership a commitment to supporting the planet. For the past decade, the Academy has been committed to reducing its carbon footprint. For the past seven years, the Oscars show has had a zero-carbon imprint. We continue to expand our sustainability plan with the ultimate goal of becoming carbon neutral,” the AMPAS said in a statement.

Source: Featureflash Photo Agency / Shutterstock.com

ICYM: Earlier this month, the Golden Globes served a 100% plant-based dinner for the first time ever to raise environmental awareness.  It’s worth noting this was a last-minute decision that took place just two weeks before the event. The original plan featured a Chilean sea bass dish but instead, guests were served king oyster mushroom scallops with wild mushroom risotto and roasted veggies. Read more about this announcement HERE.

Clarissa Vanner

Clarissa loves experimenting with food of all cultures to make unique healthy dishes. When she’s not browsing Pinterest for new recipe inspiration she likes to pick up a DIY project and use her creative hands to make art or crafts. In her down time you can find her watching the latest documentaries on Netflix or going for nature walks.

When it comes to vegan cuisine is doesn't have to be complicated and difficult.
Old El Paso has a large range of delicious products that help you and your family connect over fun and flavorful Mexican-inspired...
Alright French fry fans, today is your special day because it's officially National French Fry Day (July 13, 2020)!
Cauliflower is one of the coolest, most versatile vegetables out there.
TGI Friday's is renowned for its delicious cocktails but the restaurant chain is also known for its crave-worthy food menu too...
This year has proven to be the year of the tiger! Earlier this year, Netflix's American true-crime documentary miniseries, 'Tiger...
There's no better way to cool off in the summer than with a delicious bowl of ice cream, right?
Merry Christmas... in July?! Yes, Mars, Incorporated wants to get you in the holiday spirit early this year!
Every day will feel like your birthday when you enjoy a Funfetti treat!
Snickers chocolate bars are already delicious as they are. They're filled with nougat, luxurious caramel, crunchy peanuts, and...
With vegan, flexitarian, and dairy-allergies on the rise, the demand for plant-based milk has only gotten bigger!
Fairlife is renowned for its wide range of better-for-you products like their ultra-filtered milk which features 50 percent more...
Advertisement
Drinks
Texas Roadhouse Unveils The Recipes For Their Signature Cocktails So You Can Make Them At Home