This past Christmas we created little brownie toppers out of chocolate candy melts, made to look like Christmas trees (see them here). The result was so easy and adorable, that we simply HAD to try it again for the next holiday – which just so happens to be the lovely Valentine’s Day. This recipe takes a store-bought cupcake to the next level with only a few minutes of effort and an impressive result. Get creative, customize, and jazz up your cupcakes for any holiday, with this recipe.
- 2 cups red candy melts (also known as colored chocolate melts)
- 1/4 cup festive sprinkles (we used red, white, pink Valentine's ones)
- Piping Bag
- Icing Tip
- Parchment Paper
- Cookie Sheet
- Microwave Safe Bowl
- Large Drinking Glass
- With your candy melts in a microwave safe bowl, beginning melting on high in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring well in-between.
- When chocolate is fully melted, place your prepared piping bag & icing tip into a drinking glass, pulling the top and sides of the bag over the rims of the glass creating an easy method for pouring in your chocolate.
- On a parchment lined cookie sheet, begin piping your designs such as "love" "xoxo" or a simple heart.
- Sprinkle immediately, before the chocolate candy melts set.
- Chill for 10 minutes in the fridge, then gently pop off your designs from the parchment paper, and onto the tops of your cupcakes (the icing of the cupcake should hold the toppers in securely!).