Celebrate National Macaroni Day on July 14th with us! In our research we found out that there are two holiday days for macaroni- one the 7th of July and one the 14th. This gives us two yummy weeks of cheesy goodness!
The American idea of macaroni in an elbow shape is only one of the types of macaroni pasta. The name comes from the type of pasta dough. It generally is egg free and has a hollow shape. The name macaroni comes from the Italian “maccheroni” but is more commonly referred to as rigatoni.
Check out our top 10 recipes for Macaroni Day!
1. Mom’s Macaroni Salad
2. Deviled Egg Pasta Salad
3. Asian Style Macaroni Soup
4. Classic Baked Macaroni and Cheese
5. Healthy Macaroni Stew
6. Ground Beef Macaroni Dinner
7. Bacon and Leek Macaroni
8. Pumpkin Macaroni Casserole
9. Italian Macaroni And Cheese
10. Macaroni and Mascarpone Dessert