Listen, I get it. I’m a working mother of 3 with a love for good, healthy food that I can easily feed my family without having to spend the entire night in the kitchen preparing it and then spending additional time doing the dishes. No thank you. So, one-pan dinners are. my. jam. A fact I have stated before, but always bears repeating. I will not succumb to take out, boxed dinners, or microwaved meals (at least not every night). My budget can’t afford it, my family’s health and well-being shouldn’t be the give in a crammed schedule. So for us, this is the kind of thing that works. With a zesty balsamic marinade for the chicken along with a vegetable medley this recipe is quickly created, cooked and served with only a single dish to wash when you’re done serving it. Plate it over rice or quinoa, or enjoy on it’s own. This is a lean mean chicken dinner that is most definitely a winner (frig, I’m sorry…I’m a sucker for that saying…just let me get it out of my system “winner winner chicken dinner!” phew, all good. Now onto the recipe…)
- 4 chicken breasts (approx 1.25lbs)
- 2/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2/3 cup fat free Italian salad dressing
- 1 head of broccoli, stalks removed and chopped
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- salt & pepper
- Mixing Bowl
- Non-Stick Baking Sheet (or parchment lined)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. If not using a non stick pan, line with non-stick foil or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the balsamic vinegar and Italian dressing (we used a fat-free variety, but use whatever you have on hand).
- Add your chicken and veggies to the mix and toss until everything is well coated in the marinade. Optionally, you can set aside for 30 minutes to give it more flavor, but if you're short on time, don't worry about it!
- Place the chicken on the pan first, then surround it with the vegetables and drizzle any extra marinade over everything.
- Roast in your pre-heated oven for 20-30 minutes. Double check to make sure the chicken breast is fully cooked, if not, continue roasting for 5 minutes at a time.
- Serve over rice or quinoa, or on it's own!